For today’s Production Log installment, we like to proclaim that 2013 is almost upon us! Hard to believe on how fast this whole year went by. We decided to take a few weeks off from the project in order to regroup and recharge ourselves. The move paid off because since then we’ve been running out the gate by accomplishing great pieces of work. As the new year approaches, here’s what we’ve been doing in order to complete Gauntlet:
- Audio designing of character’s voices using Adobe Audition®
- Finishing rough cuts with all scenes that were filmed in August (one left to go)
- Obtained one out of the four digital effect plugins for our visual effects program, Adobe After Effects®
- Began visual effect designs for one scene (see insert, NOT FINAL COMPOSITION)
- Poster design still being worked on in Adobe Photoshop®
- Beginning pre-production process again for the second production shoot coming up
- Designed a new work flow environment that will help us accomplish our goal before our second production phase in ’13
- Researched ways to help fund the rest of the project
Quite a bit of things right? We’re really excited and proud of all that’s been happening, reiterating that we knew the project would take a while to complete. We know it’s a little early but we’ll say it anyway:
Merry Christmas and have a Happy Holiday!
See you in 2013!
“The art of film can only really exist through a highly organized betrayal of reality.”
– François Truffaut (The 400 Blows, The Last Metro, Jules and Jim)